Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Online Learning Plan for Thursday, January 7, 2021

 Hello!

Below is our learning plan for Thursday!

Literacy Lesson for Thursday, January 7, at 8:00 am on Google Meets:

✏️Literacy Lesson for Thursday from 8:00-9:30 on Google Meets

 

🤔WALT:

  • I can review the text in the book and rewrite sentences using triple scoop words and similes.

 

🗓 Thursday, January 7 We will read the story You be You.  When we read the story, we

will discuss ways we could add more descriptive words to the writing (adding triple scoop

words, similes, our senses).  Please have your homework book, pencil and eraser ready.

 

✅ Checklist

 

😊

☹️

I can follow along with the story being read

 

 

I can think of words/phrases that can enhance the story

 

 

I can rewrite 4-6 sentences using my own descriptive words

 

 

If I am done early, I can add colourful fish to my writing

 

 

If I am done early, I can rewrite more of the story

 

 

I can share my writing with one family member

 

 


Social Studies Lesson for Thursday, January 7, at 10:00 am on Google Meets:

✏️Social Lesson for Thursday from 10:00 am -11:30 am on Google Meet.

 

🗓 Today we are going to plan a party for some guests from Tunisia and India. You have invited some friends from Tunisia and India and would like to serve them some special traditional food from their country. The assignment you choose may be completed in your homework book or on a separate piece of paper. YOU CAN USE THE INTERNET FOR RESEARCH OR THE PAGES POSTED BELOW!

 

Task 1- Using the information you have researched from the past two days design a menu that would include at least three dishes from each country. Don’t forget to include a tasty dessert and drinks

if you would like. Then you will write one sentence per food item explaining why you chose the

dishes you picked. Think about choosing items you would like to try as well as having a balance

of meat and vegetable dishes.

  OR

Task 2- Your second task is to draw a picture of your gathering. You must include at least four of your guests dressed in their traditional clothing which we have learned about in the lessons. You may look back at the images from the previous lessons to get some ideas for your drawing. Remember to be neat and color them using what you have learned. 

 

🤔WALT:

  • We can create visual images for a particular purpose.

  • We can demonstrate an awareness of and interest in the beliefs, traditions and customs of groups and communities other than my own.

 

✅ Checklist:

                                                                                                                                    


😄

😩

I can create writing using specific information I have learned.

 

 

I can create a visual representation (drawing) based on my research.

 

 



Math Lesson for Thursday, January 7, at 12:30 pm on Google Meets: 

✏️Math Lesson for Thursday from 12:30 pm -2:00 pm on Google Meets


🤔WALT:

  • We can efficiently solve addition and subtraction word problems. 


🗓On Thursday, January 7, in math, we are going to be working on solving addition and subtraction word problems. Students will need their homework books, a pencil and an eraser. They may want to also bring some sort of object to use to help them count i.e. lego pieces, beads. 


✅ Checklist for my word problem:



😄

😩

I can show my understanding using pictures



I can show my understanding using a number sentence.



I can show my understanding using a word sentence. 



I can solve the problem more than one way. 




See you all tomorrow!

Miss. Shevchuk
see you in class

No comments:

Post a Comment