Sunday, November 15, 2020

Homework for the week of November 15 - due on Thursday, November 19, 2020

 Hello Everybody!

This week our homework is going to be due on Thursday, November 19, as there is no school on Friday, November 20.

Spelling Tasks: We can recognize and spell words with ir and ur sounds. 

Thursday, November 19 will be the day of our next spelling test. The words can be found below:

  1. Read your spelling word list and make sure you understand the meaning of each word.

  2. Write each word on your spelling list 3 times. Once with a pencil, once with pencil crayon, and once with a marker. If you do not have these tools at your house you can just use different colours. 

  3. Choose 8 of your spelling words, and write a sentence for each word. Put a circle around the spelling word in the sentence. Try to challenge yourself and see if you can use two words in one sentence. 
Reading Tasks: We can read silently with increasing confidence and accuracy. 
  1. 10 minutes of reading is expected to be completed every night. 

  2. Continue to explore the Epic! reading website at home. If you have an iPad you can download the application for your student to use there. Some families might find this easier. 
Math Tasks: We can compare and order numbers to 1000, represent and describe numbers to 1000, concretely, pictorially and symbolically, and illustrate, concretely and pictorially, the meaning of place value for numerals to 1000.
  1. I would like you to try and guess my number. There is more than one answer that fits my clues. I challenge you to try and find all of them. Please answer the question using a word sentence. 

    Clue 1 - My number has 3 digits in it. 

    Clue 2 - My number is larger than 200. 

    Clue 3 - My number is smaller than 500. 

    Clue 4 - My number has a 6 in the tens place. 

    Clue 5 - My number is even. 

    Clue 6 - My number has an odd number in the hundreds place. 

    What do you think my number could be? 

  2. Write your own series of clues for me to guess your number. You must have at least 4 clues. Try to stump the teacher!

  3. Continue to work on Mathletics.
Music Task:
  1. Please practice the song at the following link for our Grade 3 November assembly. https://musicplayonline.com/?s=I+believe&meter_stat . This song will be filmed on Monday, November 23 (hopefully our Covid-19 guidelines will allow for singing at this time). 
As per usual, please let me know if you have any questions, and have a wonderful week!!

Miss. Shevchuk
Bitmoji Image

No comments:

Post a Comment